Sunday, September 30, 2007

Vulnerability

You are vulnerable when
1) you are sick
2) you have no family or family that you cannot relate to
3) you have no friends or friends that are physically but not emotionally there

I remember that I nearly fainted a few times when I was young. Yes my mum was with me. Yes my cousin was with me. Many things ran through my mind these days. Maybe because I was not feeling well.

I was feeling dizzy on last Friday but I still went ahead to source for my jewellery supplies. I asked myself what if I fainted on the street and no one would ever care.

Today I went jogging. Maybe I had not been training for some time. After running for about 2km, I felt uncomfortable. Suddenly my vision became blurred. I tried hard to figure my way to cross the road and sat on the step at a HDB flat. After resting, I felt much better and my vision regained. I walked all the way back, acknowledging my failure.

I realised that I had always put up a brave front in the eyes of everyone. I hardly showed my true feelings to anyone. There were times that I felt so tired but I could not show. There were times I felt so alone in the world. There were some time I asked myself where my true friends were. Perhaps blog is the only place where I can truly be myself.

No comments: