Friday, August 31, 2007

Anger Therapy

Cool down........control your temper! This has been my self-talk line for the past few weeks. I need to release the negative energy somewhere so I decided to vent it through my blog. If not, I think I will suffer from internal bleeding.

If plotting the temperature of boiling blood on a chart for the past 27 years, the peak was during my secondary school days....gone down during poly days....went up during initial years of working....down and up again.

I began to learn to manage my anger in some ways. Though some of them are wierd, they are rather useful. They are:
1) Go to a room where no one can see you. Jump and jump till you feel very tired. Then you find yourself not so angry at that particular person.
2) Go to the restroom and use your leg to bang/ slam the door damn hard.
3) Go jogging. Run like the roadrunner...as fast as you can. Disclaimer: I shall not be responsible for any risk you undertake here.
4) Go to a quiet corner of the beach and shout as loud as you can till you feel better.
5) Drink lots and lots of cold water.

Two days ago, I was going home with a super explosive mood. A guy nearly closed the lift door straight into my face. Luckily I got in fast. I stared at him angrily. There was no apology and not even an apologetic look. Blood started boiling within me. My mind was already imagining me kicking him in the lift.

When the lift opened, I went out first. When I climbed up the stairs, I vented all my anger to my heels, making damn loud noise. That stupid guy looked at me. I gave him the look of "if you look somemore, my heels will land on your ugly face!"

After I cooled down, I was rather amused by my own doing.

No comments: