Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Headless monster

Since I started this new job, my heart has been playing tug-of-war. I clearly knew that I did not follow my heart when making this decision. I have made the choice to feel logically correct.

Every day on my way to work, the angel and devil are actively fighting in my mind.

Angel: Try it. If you succeed, you will gain a very good exposure and portfolio.
Devil: You can guess what is the culture like. Why do you want to let history repeat again?
Angel: Property market is good. Maybe it is a good opportunity.
Devil: But you are not interested in residential property. Why do you have to force yourself?
Angel: Since you cannot find your ideal job in the fashion industry, take this challenge and at least it provides a source of income.
Devil: If you quit again, it reflects very badly in your resume.
Angel: It is a challenge. It gives you more room to use your talent.
Devil: If the culture is like that, do you think you have the power to change it or the bosses' idea? Do you want to work like a slave, always depending on bosses' unpredictable liking?

The above conversation kept playing in my mind. Slowly I got to understand the culture a bit better. Damnnnnnn......it is a headless monster!!! No direction! Fickle-minded! Conservative!

Today I am SUPER PISSEDDDDDDDD!!!!! There was no direction given in terms of the theme of the interior design. I asked the team for more information about the property and theme. My boss was telling me that there was no theme and went ahead briefed the agency. So I came out of some ideas to brief the agencies. The agencies reverted with the designs. I then presented to the GM. GM has chosen a design which I would never have chosen. So I quickly worked on it as I have a very tight timeline. I even asked my boss if they would need to go though the higher management. No.

Suddenly, my boss came to me and ask me to present to the CEO. I was surprised as I had asked the agency to go ahead and make some changes.

Guess what??? The CEO wanted 4 agencies to re-propose the designs and wanted something more clean and simple. I nearly killed myself when I heard this. WHY WAS THE DIRECTION NOT EVEN EARLIER? I brought up the concern on the timeline. However he insisted that we hadenough time. I was extremely furious.

I immediately called all the agencies. I think the agencies must be wondering, "WHY IS THE DIRECTION NOT EVEN EARLIER?".

I am thinking "FXXX, what the hell are you all doing? Do you understand concepts? Or do you based on your so-called taste?" Someone, pls save me. Find me a new job!!!

1 comment:

mie's air castle said...

haha... i love your cursing and swearing here.. headless monster?!! good one.. i only thot of brainless moron.. haha.. keep it up!!! jia you!!!

Maggie is here.. haha. i shld swear more here with you
haha...