Friday, August 24, 2007

Sentenced to life imprisonment

Most of us live outside the prison but some of our minds are locked inside the prison.

Recently I know a person who lived under the mercy of others. I could see how miserable his life was. However I doubted he knew that he was living in his own mind prison. When I talked to him about his opinions, he did not seem to have a standpoint and would repeat many times that "Do whatever the boss likes". Initially I was surprised at his words.

I was thinking, "Do power withdraw your ability to voice out? Do you have to swallow your pride when someone spit at you? Why do you have to act like a puppet, moving under the fingers of the holder? Why do you view your job as a mean of living and not a passion? Do you feel lost when you don't know what your boss is thinking? Will working under such culture make you feel happy?" Many questions popped out in my head. I feel angry and sorry for him.

I will never allow myself to fall under that mind trap. If not, no one but you have sentenced yourself life imprisonment.

No comments: